We’re all acutely aware of our health since the pandemic started. We are on alert for symptoms and signs that our bodies are infected with viruses and we are doing all that we can to keep ourselves and other people as safe as possible. The only trouble is that this has to be consistent regardless of the pandemic. You need to be able to look after and stay on top of existing health issues.
From making sure that you are checking your breasts regularly to getting online to book an appointment with My Dental Network, you need to do more to look after your health. You deserve to be in the best possible health and that means that you need to look after yourself. Below, we’ve got a list of six ways that you can do that better!
- Find balance with the sunshine. You need to find a balance when it comes to your exposure to the sun. you want to be able to get enough vitamin D while also not burning your skin. The right amount of Vitamin D will help you to feel good and it helps your bones and your immune system functions. Just 15 minutes a day out in the sunshine makes all of the difference.
- Don’t forget your pelvic floor. If you are looking at ways to look after your health, don’t neglect your pelvic floor muscles. You don’t have to do very much per day; but exercises can help you to ensure that your pelvic floor is as strong as any other muscle you’ll work.
- Try to steer clear of emotional eating. Turning to food in times of stress is the norm for some people, but it can lead to weight gain and a cycle of binging and purging that is best avoided. You can minimize this by learning other coping mechanisms when you are feeling the stresses of life build up on your shoulders.
- Check your body. As well as regularly checking your breasts every month, you need to think about the rest of your body. Get to know what your skin looks like and what would mean changes. If you understand the normal lumps, bumps and skin issues in your body, you’ll want to ensure that you are on top of them. If things then start to change, you’ll notice straight away and get help.
- Look after your gut. With the right probiotics, you can ensure that your gut health is in good shape. You need to make sure that you are eating foods that you can tolerate and staying away from anything that could trigger an allergic reaction.
- Look after your skin. Adult acne is not a joke and it’s not the thing that will make you feel most confident. If you care for your skin, you’re going to ensure that you are better equipped to look after yourself. Skin cancer is something that can sneak up on you if you’re not caring for your skin well enough.
This post is in collaboration, however all opinions are my own.